Cry It Out
by Molly Smith Metzler
Four months ago, Jessie was a corporate lawyer with a glamorous Manhattan life. Today, she is trying to comfort a screaming newborn. Jessie is desperate to talk to anyone besides Food Network, so when she spies a fellow new mom and neighbor, Lina, at the local Stop & Shop, introduces herself. Happy to have found each other, the two moms agree to meet for coffee and a fast friendship is born. One coffee quickly becomes a daily coffee, as Jessie and Lina laugh through the highs and lows of motherhood. A comedy with dark edges, Cry It Out takes an honest look at the absurdities of being home with a baby, the power of female friendship, the dilemma of going back to work, and the effect class has on parenthood in America.
Location: Outdoors next to The Spa Little Theater
Cry It Out Safety Protocols
Thank you for your interest in our live production of Cry It Out! As per the Governor’s Executive Orders, certain safety measures need to be in place in order to resume operations. You will find Home Made Theater’s protocols for keeping you, and us, safe and healthy below. If you cannot, or are not willing to, adhere to these protocols, please do not plan to attend the live performance. You are welcome to join our live-streamed event instead!
Please note that you are attending at your own risk. You and your party hereby agree that you all waive and release Home Made Theater and its officers, directors, staff, volunteers and crew from any and all liability related directly or indirectly to contracting COVID-19 (coronavirus) or any other related illness or disease. Thank you for your understanding and support. Please share this waiver with those in your party.
- All performances will be outdoors and limited to Forty audience members.
- The play is intended to be and will be presented without intermission.
- Hand sanitizing stations will be provided.
- Your ticket will cover a 10’ x 10’ box which will be marked on the ground. Each box can contain a maximum of two persons. Persons wishing to attend on their own can also be accommodated and will be assigned a 8’ x 8’ box.
- You are encouraged to bring your own blankets and chairs, as these items will not be provided.
- Parties up to four persons can be accommodated in one purchase. Please call 518-587-4427 for larger parties.
- Patrons will not be permitted to bring food or alcohol.
- Complete and verified contact information for those attending and participating MUST be provided for contact tracing purposes.
- Each guest will need to complete a health-screening questionnaire for contact tracing purposes. Those questions are below. If the answer to any of those questions is “yes” entry will not be allowed.
In the last 14 days, have you:
- experienced any of these symptoms? Fever greater than 100°, cough, sore throat, respiratory illness or difficulty breathing.
- have you tested positive for COVID-19?
- have you knowingly been in close or proximate contact with anyone who has symptoms of COVID-19 or has tested positive?
Guests are responsible for maintaining social distancing, remaining 6ft apart whenever possible.
Restrooms will be available in the Roosevelt 2 Building, close to the performance space. Wired, a small café, will also be available.
All audience members are REQUIRED to wear face coverings while in the vicinity of the performance space until seated and when moving about the audience and space. Once seated masks are requested, but not required. All staff and crew will be required to wear face coverings (mouth and nose). The cast will be wearing face coverings for part of the performance, but not throughout. There will be a minimum of twelve feet between the audience and the playing space.
Guests are asked to keep items brought with them to a minimum. The following items will be allowed:
- Only essential personal belongings (e.g. immediate medical needs)
- Factory Sealed Water
- Personal Umbrellas
Thank you for your cooperation. We look forward to seeing you there!